Saturday, July 21, 2007

On Droughts and Fog

I abhor the flash-flood nature of my (love)life.

Dotty has disappeared into the ether. I haven't heard from him since right around the 4th when he suggested we go out.

GH and I managed to go out, but I haven't had so much as an IM from him in the last week.

I decided earlier this week to take the initiative and invite Jackson out. It should be no surprise to you that he completely blew me off with a litany of why he wouldn't have time to get together. This person was coming to town, he had to meet with that person, he had his son one night, he was going somewhere the other night ... yadda yadda. I don't begrudge anyone a busy life, but I firmly believe that people make time for the things they want. As he didn't even bother to suggest when he could meet, it is apparent that Jackson is not all that interested. I will ask again in a few days just in case he had a flaky moment, but my money's on the answer being the same.

I sent an IM to Mr. Marine last Monday, after not hearing from him since the day I dropped him off at the airport. He waited until I was offline again to respond, and he gave me a load of ultra-lame hooey about how he'd been sick since he'd returned home, and had been going to bed every night right after work. WTF? No one is that sick for an entire month. I am officially writing him off.

What is so very wrong with me that no one is interested? If I had a clue, I would fix the problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh babe i wish i knew because then they would want me too. i like to blame this mixed up world we're in but i see all these other people managing okay.

it's bloody hard to figger it is.

also? trans siberian orchestra kicks ass