Sunday, July 15, 2007

More Than Meets The Eye

So, I saw Transformers tonight with GH (who flakily showed up at the last second). What an awesome summertime movie! Despite its obligatory two-dimensional characterizations, it was a LOT of fun.

Now, you might expect someone like the Spinster to prefer Jane Austen adaptations and the ilk. Jackson even called us conservative the other day *sniff*. But never fear! There is more to the Spinster than meets the eye. Heh. The Spinster's ingredients for the perfect movie: 1) hot lead actors, 2) car chases, 3) explosions.

I think we have come, Dear Readers, to a moment of confession. My favorite character was not Captain Lennox (played by purty Josh Duhamel), or funny Sam (played by future superstar Shia LaBeouf). Nor was it the endearing Bumblebee or brave Optimus Prime.


It was Ironside. See, I have this thing for trucks. Big trucks. Especially big, black trucks. I don't recall ever *not* feeling this way about trucks . . . it's practically a fetish. So everytime Ironside came on the screen in truck form, pervert that I am, I got a little wetter.

Jackson has a big, black, diesel Silverado. I should call him >:)

No comments: