Thursday, July 26, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me!

Yesterday was my birthday.

This auspicious day has historically be spent in bed, mostly dozing, and emphatically denying that another year of my life has been wasted.

This year was different. This year I got two of the best birthday presents ever!

My beloved Firebird has been irritable and distant for months -- it's been spending more and more time in my mechanic's garage and I think it's been having a torrid affair with the 1960-something Olds 442 they keep on the lot. So I took it to a dealership and traded it in for a truck. A big, growling Dodge Ram. Happy Birthday to me :)

My other birthday present was, if possible, even better. But you'll just have to wait until I write up a proper post before you find out :)

2 comments:

Paul said...

Happy birthday!

Unknown said...

Well, Happy Birthday ..... and.....