Friday, October 26, 2007

What Happens Next?

Mr. S and I got the chance to go out to dinner tonight. With his classes and Mrs. S keeping him on lockdown we haven't gotten a chance to talk much lately. Even our IMs are distracted and harried. It was very nice to get a chance to sit and talk.

Well, mostly.

Mr. S is a perverse creature. Mostly this is an endearing trait, such as the unholy amount of joy he seems to get out of telling people he has both a wife and a girlfriend. It is less endearing when he follows up each report to me of this by saying "But you're not really my girlfriend. That is just shorthand." *sigh*

Every time he points out how this thing we have is not a romance, all I hear is "you're unlovable". I know he doesn't intend to be cruel, but nonetheless there's a certain cruelty to his conscientiousness not mislead me. Sometimes I do wonder if there is, too, a perverse enjoyment of it as well.

I miss the unqualified affection he used to give. The little gestures and expressions that so glowed with their own sincerity that it was a touch of magic to receive them. I miss my friend.

No comments: