Monday, October 8, 2007

Penetration (Dworkin's Ghost)

So I've had this question for a while and no one's ever had a good answer.

What is it with men and the desire to penetrate?

I really don't get the wiring that says satisfaction = penetration. There's the obvious examples of vaginal and anal sex. But even something has innocuous as kissing is basically just another form of penetration.

I think what I don't get even more is why men don't seem to be bothered by it. Why it doesn't strike them as completely bizarre that their pleasure is depends on being inside another person's body. I certainly don't have this desire to be inside someone else. I don't think any woman does. So why do men?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrea Dworkin?
* shudders *

I can't believe that you're even asking this question. We have bazillions of sense organs all squished into a six inch meat tube in such a way that it feels damn great when it's inside something warm, slippery, and accommodating.

Yes, it's really that simple.

Forget about the psychology of penetration as inherent rape, patriarchal power plays, and all that stuff. It simply feels really, really good to have your penis inside a woman.