Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Back From The Dead

I got an IM from Mr. Marine before the weekend. It wasn't quite the only one that I've had from him since my last post about him; relative to his previous zero effort he's made a great improvement in communicating regularly, even if it is no more than once every week or two.

In this IM of his, he brought up the notion of my coming to visit him. It just so happens that I am flying out west to see another friend in a few weeks -- I am seriously considering rearranging my travel plans to see him. In his favor is the fact I have yet another friend geographically between him and the first friend that I would like to see and had been feeling somewhat guilty about not including in this trip.

Since he has a record of being flaketastic, I told him if he still wanted after the weekend for me to visit, I would see about making it happen. Well, today I heard from him and he still wants it. I think I will go ahead and see him, but not because I'm desperate to see him. It is a fine excuse to extend my vacation away from the Midwest :)

No comments: