Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Battlestar Firescapery

I have this thing for women with guns.



On this planet, my favorite by far is Angelina Jolie in her Lara Croft and Mrs. Smith incarnations. Even the Sarah Connor of T2 doesn't hold a candle to her.


But I prefer the girls who are out of this world.

Aeryn Sun. Aeryn Sun. Aeryn Sun.

The sounds of this glorious woman's name roll off the tongue like a goddess's
invocation. She was the first of my space-faring crushes. I had little use for the stars until I was wooed by her sharp tongue and gun-wielding ways.

Her affair with John Crichton - which could have been played badly - only enhanced my interest. Who wouldn't want a little of both of them? Yum!


My desire then turned to Zoe Washburne. Battle-hardened galactic mercenary with a heart as black as my own. The deeply loyal family ties on Serenity are something I envy greatly. Zoe doesn't take shit from anyone, and backs it up with a gun. I only wish I could do that.


However! Lest you think I do the wet and slippery only for the dark-haired beauties, I will show you my current flame: Kara Thrace of Battlestar Galactica. Her insouciant rebellion and troubled heart make her a compelling character. Her rough-and-tumble play with the boys just makes her HOT!


And there you have it. . . The secret to my science fiction.

2 comments:

Sugarmag said...

I like Zoe and anything else Joss Whedon. I also love Buffy and can't wait for Wonder Woman this summer.

The Invisible Spinster said...

Based on Firefly I would like to see Wonder Woman when it comes out. I've never been a Buffy fan . . . I couldn't give it much credit because of the whole Luke Perry connection.

I know, not fair ... but there you go :)