Monday, November 12, 2007

Old Friends

It's a funny thing, seeing old friends from your past that you didn't even know you missed.

I am a pretty prolific dreamer. But I've never had any of the so-called archetypal dreams -- my dreams don't include leaving the house without pants, or showing up for a test unprepared, or flying, or falling. Never.

I do, however, occasionally repeat a dream I've had years before. Not a reinterpretation, but an exact repeat. Just like a TV episode doesn't change from viewing to viewing, these dreams also don't change. Last night I had another repeat.

I very rarely have sex dreams. Like, once or twice a year at most. I know, I know. It's a sad thing when the Spinster can't even get laid in her dreams. But I do have a number of "connection" dreams, where I'm with someone and finally Everything Is Ok. This was one of those.

After being plagued with anxiety dreams nearly every night for the last, oh, six months it was a great relief to feel (however briefly) that Everything Can Be Ok.

No comments: