Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Invisible

Remember Frodo's cloak of invisibility? I have one too. It's my skin.

Today I was at work, stationed at the cash register. I make a policy of being friendly to all my customers, so I said hello to one guy as he came into the store. You'll just have to take my word for it that at work I am not a mousey person. But this guy, he didn't respond. It was like I didn't exist at all. I tried chatting him up a little, no response. Now some people are just grumpy like that. No big deal, right?

While this guy was browsing, a woman I work with came in to pick up her check. He brought an item to the register to buy while she was there. She says hello, and he responds. When she chats him up, she gets responses. Same fucking questions, only he's laughing and smiling at her.

I am so sick of being invisible.

No comments: